Sunday, December 17, 2017

Met Life


NYC in December is a like a sugar plum fairy's fantasy.
Wreaths and holiday lights brighten every crack and crevice.
Pine trees dusted with fresh snow stand guard at corner markets.
It's picture perfect, and feels like a warm holiday embrace in front of a roaring fire.
And yet I'm counting the days until I return to the warm Santa Ana winds
kicking up dust and ash in Southern California.
Hollywood offices shuttered on Friday for a two week pause,
but our production is still going full steam ahead for another week.
I will slam into Christmas,
and then carve out time for 
 a low winter sun hike reflecting on what was and what will be.
Until then I'm packing as much of NYC culture and cheer into my weekend as possible.










No comments:

Post a Comment