Monday, February 17, 2014

Me and My Brother

Sorting through boxes of old photos, I'm continually  amazed by the speed at which my life is passing, and how much life I've lived.  I am also struck by how many people have been in my life for decades and the depth of these relationships.  I met my brother days after I was born, and he's been a constant in my life ever since.  We've lived in the same three states, NJ, NY and California, and as adults we lived together.  We share so many friends I often forget who originated the relationship. We laugh frequently in each other's company and our lengthy conversations are often followed by long periods of silence, usually because we've found our way back to an engrossing book. We're as similar as we are different. We're siblings and we're friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment