Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Amber Light

I go through cycles of waking up early, pre-dawn, night sky outside my window.   I could roll over and go back to sleep, but I don't since it's one of my favorite times to read -- the book by my side, the script on my ipad, The New York Times, my favorite blogs -- absorb the silence, and watch the inky sky turn various shades of blue.  In early fall, the light on the hills glows, especially after a strong windy day.  The canyon has been cleansed, and the ocean  stretches across my view.  I am in temporary possession of this view.  My house has stood on this site for 86 years, and I've only inhabited it for the past 16.  I wonder whose eyes rested on this vista before me, and who will stir in the morning hours when I'm gone.


No comments:

Post a Comment