Monday, March 25, 2013

Change

Had the perfect desert weekend.  The shift from cooler shorter winter days, to the warmth of imminent summer has occurred.  My brother is embarking on a big adventure, moving to a city up the coast to start a new business.  Thus, it was fitting to spend one more weekend in the desert, a place we have gone countless times in the last decade to relax, celebrate, entertain and renovate. 

Many people in my life are in the middle of sizable transitions -- geographical shifts, changes in relationship status, new jobs.  I'm definitely feeling the impact, as if the earth is slowly swirling beneath my feet.  Nothing seems permanent or stable.  A part of me grieves what was, yet I greet change with open arms.  I too am in transition, outcome unknown, but I'm all for jumping on this bandwagon.





No comments:

Post a Comment