Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Gifts of Imperfection


In less than 24 hours two different friends randomly suggested I read Brene Brown's The Gifts of Imperfection.  Certainly, a message I can't ignore.  Dr. Brown is a research professor who has spent the last ten years studying vulnerability, shame, courage and authenticity.  Some of my favorite topics!  In 2010, she spoke at a TEDX in Houston, and last week she took the stage at Ted's main conference in Long Beach.

In her book, she writes
Wholehearted living is about engaging in our lives from a place of worthiness. It means cultivating the courage, compassion, and connection to wake up in the morning and think, No matter what gets done and how much is left undone, I am enough. It’s going to bed at night thinking, Yes, I am imperfect and vulnerable and sometimes afraid, but that doesn’t change the truth that I am also brave and worthy of love and belonging.

No comments:

Post a Comment