Monday, June 6, 2011

One-Two Punch

Several months ago my friend DS and I embraced our entrepreneurial spirit and started to dream about creating our own production company.  On long hikes we talked about our ideal work environment, the importance of communication and the art of compromise.  Our passion for stories and character lead to lively brainstorming sessions, ideas crowding our space like gnats on a moist summer night.  We kept our plan a secret until the time was right to unveil it.  The planets aligned, and our vision was greeted with enthusiasm.  Next week we embark on our deal at a major studio.  While organizing my home office I stumbled upon a list of dreams I tucked away after my Mondo Beyondo workshop last spring.  Staring back at me from the half dozen entries was creative partnership.  Truthfully, I don't remember writing it, or attaching any specific outcome to this dream, and yet, in hindsight, this collaboration is the quintessential  fulfillment of my wish.

1 comment: