Monday, June 13, 2011

Life is Good

I know life is good when three months into working I still don't know what day of the week it is.  I have admittedly spent years ticking off the days until Friday.  In the beginning of my career I'd get giddy as the days drew closer to the weekend and the impending social activities on my calender.   But for many years my life took on a different rhythm -- five days on, 2 days off.  The weekends were simply non-office days.  I'd allocate my energy accordingly, knowing how much I would need to make it to the end.  Some weekends social engagements were canceled due to exhaustion, errands or work.  Unforunately, recreation was often sacrificed for recuperation.  I'm grateful for this major shift, for not being able to differentiate Monday from Wednesday, for practicing yoga on a weekday afternoon, for taking a sunset hike, for hanging out with friends at night without the dark shadow cast from an early morning meeting.  May this wonderful feeling never wear off.

No comments:

Post a Comment