Monday, June 27, 2011

From One Wonder to Another




I wish I could be a fly on the wall a thousand years from now when archaeologists unearth Las Vegas and try to piece together the civilization that dwelled in this hedonistic metropolis.  After a dozen visits I still have difficulty comprehending the excess and cheesiness, and truth be told, the way women dress.  When did looking like a slut become popular attire?  En mass, girls wear obscenely short, tubular dresses and totter on four inch heels.  They must all frequent the same ubiquitous mall store, for the skimpy frocks are nearly identical.  Their daytime, pool garb is even more shocking, string bikinis and platforms.  The DJs at the hotel's beach club had the crowd on their feet, even in the 100+ degrees.  I too was moved to dance even thought I was highly distracted by the parade of drunken pleasure seekers.

No comments:

Post a Comment