Thursday, June 23, 2011

Elliot Erwitt





I kept my schedule relatively free today so I could wander aimlessly through the streets of Manhattan with my camera.  A consistent spray of raindrops falling from the bleak sky changed my plans.  After taking care of some business this morning I went to ICP to see the Elliot Erwitt exhibit.  His timeless black and white images, full of wit and candor, entertained and inspired me.  According to Erwitt, 
“Photography is an art of observation. It's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place... I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them.”

I hope the steady drizzle subsides long enough for me to observe and shoot before I make my way to the airport. The second I finished the previous sentence it started to downpour!

No comments:

Post a Comment