Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Perspective




While in NYC I finally made it to The High Line, an aerial greenway along the lower west side which didn't exist when I lived there 18 years ago.  How different the Empire State Building looked from this elevated platform.  Buildings whose doors and windows I passed on my morning walk were now fully exposed.  Architectural patterns floated in the sky.  Enchanted by this new perspective my numb extremities no longer occupied my mind.  I felt lighter, happier, inspired.  Slight adjustments can do that, the alteration was minimal, but the impact grand. Every day I get to choose from which angle I wish to view my life.  I can focus on the voids or the abundance.  I can be awed by the majestic skyscrapers or distracted by the dog shit on the curb.  I choose. Every. Day.

2 comments: