Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Rhythm

Glancing at my calendar can make me anxious, meetings fill many hourly slots wiping out the leisure lifestyle I had come to enjoy.  But the content of the meetings, sitting with writers whose work I admire, talking about potential projects, excites me.  In actuality my days are filled with passion, a fervor for storytelling, and the desire to mold these ideas into rich television concepts.  The anxiety about my schedule is an old one.  The fear there's not enough hours in the day to accomplish all that needs to get done is left over from my days as an executive.  I'm embracing the new rhythm in my life, which is familiar in a good way.  I've been getting up with the sun and going to a 7am yoga class before engaging in my day.  In order to do so, I try to be in bed earlier with a book or script, before turning out the light and drifting into deep dreams.  There's a cadence to the week I enjoy as I move through the days with the  knowledge Icreate my reality regardless of how many meetings I have on my calendar.

No comments:

Post a Comment