Sunday, June 12, 2016

Twenty Four



"No city in the country is more exciting than Los Angeles right now."
A quote from the NY Times recent 36 Hours column featuring the city I call home.
I can attest LA is having its moment.
I've witnessed the evolution,
experienced the fits and starts
and revel in its ability to persevere and finally live up to its potential.
It is exciting to live in LA, and that wasn't the case when I moved here twenty four years ago, today.
Yes, Happy Anniversary LA!!!!
In 1992, culture and the arts took a back seat to entertainment.
Thankfully, that's no longer the case.
I toast this milestone from NY,
the city that tethers me to my youth, my twenties, my family,
 and seminal experiences that forever shaped me.
And I celebrate LA,
the city that continues to surprise and charm me.

No comments:

Post a Comment