Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Insurgents

I was under no pretense that turning the page on  2020
would whisk in a new political climate,
but I was still in shock and awe as I watched an assault on the US Capitol building
unfold in real time this morning.
I'm exhausted by hours of news footage of insurgents, whose sartorial choices were burning man meets combat, plowing through barricades and locked doors.
Like battering rams they shattered glass and splintered locked entryways, achieving their goal to shut down the joint session gathered to certify Biden's win.
The egotistical maniac who can't comprehend defeat lead them in battle
from his pulpit never asking them to retreat. 
I hate this man with every fiber of my being.
He ia  dark, fetid stain on decency and truth. 
I fear for our faltering democracy and the future of our world.




No comments:

Post a Comment