Sunday, August 23, 2020

A Sense of Time and Space

As I suspected, I'm worse for the wear with only two hours of sleep.
Why the inky darkness of nature feels like a suffocating blanket around my head
is not a question I can answer with logic even if I have eight hours to dedicate to the query. 
Although groggy, I'm thrilled to greet the new day
as it casts warm light on the lake.
We embark on day two of the road trip,
and by late afternoon we're at Mark's in Idaho.
The Henry's Fork river cuts an impressive path through the flawless property.
The guys go for a swim in the cold water.
We're alarmed that the fires in California have reached Idaho.
The weather app reports unhealthy air quality for sensitive groups.
This hellish year knows no bounds.
An orange orb descends into the slant of the pines
as we eat grilled salmon on the deck.












No comments:

Post a Comment