Sunday, July 19, 2020

Routines

I watch the patterns the sun casts on the houses in the neighborhood as it lands on  
tree limbs, petals and electrical wires.
I find the light magical and uplifting in these times that are anything but.
I shed the day as I climb the hills in the canyon, familiar paths during a time 
whose future feels like the great unknown.
I want to scream from the mountaintops about the lack of leadership in the WH.
The corrupt administration pretending they are not imposing martial law in Portland
or trying to suppress the number of C19 cases and deaths for campaign purposes

The days pass.  
During this unsettling time I find a dual comfort and restlessness in having a routine. 
Hours reading for work, periodic zoom meetings, cooking daily meals,
quality time with Scotch P. 
Some days its easier to surrender to the sameness than others.
It's when I focus on the future that I experience troubling thoughts.
Stay present.  Be in the now. 






No comments:

Post a Comment