Friday, June 1, 2018

Day 1

For years, wherever I went, my camera was slung across body.
In fact, this blog was created as a repository for the many images I was taking.
A small bruise on my right hip would bloom after a day
of the camera repeatedly coming into contact with bone. 
As I immersed myself into producing Dietland,
more and more days passed with the camera remaining in my car or hotel room.

All of my creative energy was going towards bringing MN's vision to the small screen.
It was exhilarating, energizing, but left no room for my own artistic expression.
When I have picked up the camera in the last few months I've been very disappointed with the results.
My playfulness, my eye, my technique all seem to be in hibernation.

Work remains demanding and a green lit for a writers room in July has me still in overdrive,
but I'm desperate to reconnect with my imagination. 
My personal expression is screaming for attention.
Part of me is eager to explore other mediums, but for now I'm going to stick with photography.

In the past, projects have forced me to be nimble.
I have to shoot and commit to posting an image every day.
No judgement as I force myself to carve out time, every day, 
for my own creative expression.

Today is Day One of The Hundred Day Project.
Three months coinciding with the long days of summer
invoking ocean waves and lazy Sundays eating watermelon. 





1 comment: