Sunday, January 8, 2017

Meryl

"Take your broken heart, make it into art."
Yep, Carrie Fischer that's what gets me up in the morning.
It's the one thing that gives me solace and drive during these dark political times.
Trump's lies, distortion of the truth, and continual obfuscation
disturbs me on such a deep, personal level.  
The byproduct that is most disturbing,
is the great swath of the nation who applauds his behavior,
and endorses his leadership.
We are in for a long, calamitous four years.
Thank god for people like Meryl Streep, who use their platform to voice the truth,
and call Trump out on his lies and dangerous leadership.

I'm grateful for whatever guided me, so many years ago,
to California and the Hollywood community.
EVERY DAY I encounter and work with smart, empowered, fearless women
who will not tolerate the degradation of our gender,
 and who are in a position to do something about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment