Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Signs


In addition to believing in Santa Claus, I believe in signs from the universe.  Although I've received some memorable ones over the years; one at Burning Man during the Temple Burn and another on a beach in Kauai, they don't come very often.  Today I experienced the strangest and most specific of them all.  I was about to put money in a meter, when I noticed a tightly rolled, pristine joint resting on the ledge inside the glass.  What is a joint doing on the inside of a meter, and how the hell did it get there?  I stared at it for several minutes, not truly comprehending what I was seeing, and then I laughed.  Was this a sign to call it day and get high?  Perhaps, for someone else, but for me it was directly related to a pitch we took out a few weeks ago about this exact crop.  It garnered interest from a very desirable premium cable network.  Unfortunately, there have been many bumps in the road, obstacles which appear to be insurmountable.  I have felt delusional to believe in this project as a potential hit series when we keep running into stop signs, but after this sighting I'm choosing to believe.

3 comments:

  1. OMG, MG!

    JAJAJAJA!

    I say, Bring it ON, Universo..."-)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe even more of a metaphor than a sign! Stuck behind that glass just waiting for someone to figure out a way to release it into the universe. Very, very cool sighting.

    ReplyDelete